Sunday, January 13, 2008

Love Them To Death

They are tiny,cuddly,cute,mostly playful,innocent and naive.Their lives are also quite straight forward.They cry when hungry or hurt.They spontaneously smile when one makes funny faces at them.They wrap their fingers around your finger once you place yours between theirs(99% guaranteed).They could also be erratic:i.e they could let you down by crying just five minutes after having being so receptive to your company.They are a gift from the Almighty who change the way their parents view life drastically.Unless you need some major help,i'm sure you've easily figured out who i'm refering to already(especially with the pictorial hint).Babies:those incredible little ones that most of us adore.The wonderful beings who are ignorant of the goings-on around the world.Oblivious of all the hustling,economics,joy,pain,hardship,treachery,hypocrisy,global affairs etc that grown-ups experience.All they know are how to cry when hungry or soiled down below,laugh when one makes silly faces and get carried about 80% of the time.
For me,what's really interesting about babies is the way they grow up to become young boys and girls.They would physically develop to be ladies who would one day wear make-up and be toasted by other guys.Grow to be guys who would probably steal the family car in their teenage years,come back late on fridays & possibly cause their parents some worry in the future,one way or the other.Don't you just wish babies stayed the adorable way & size they are?Strangely enough,i know some(though few)people who aren't crazy about kids.How in the world not?Things almost always change when they have babies of their own,though.That's quite certain.For those who have them,i'm sure the feeling is indescribable.For those yet to,we would all be blessed with as many as we desire some day,by the Lord's Grace.
As for me,i've always loved them for as far back as i can remember.How much?Frankly speaking,'...to death'.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kams are you getting the baby jeebees? Thot that happened only to the women folk lol... Anyway, I tend to agree with everything you say. I have a lovely little girl who will be 18 months tommorow and she has totally changed my outlook on life. She has made me a more caring and socially conscious individual. She definitely makes life worth living... Even if she's only being in my life for 27 months, its so hard to imagine life without her. Hope you have yours soon... cause they are worth every single wahala that they cause :-D

T.Williams-A said...

Speaking from experience eh Chakams? How many stolen cars did you crash in your FGC Warri days?

Love your blog.... frankly... "to death"! Do keep it up!

Anonymous said...

LOL!
It is really strange at first... Scary almost that they totally depend on you when they are so young.
It is true that they can be stressful sometimes (I have alot of respect for
people that do it on their own)... sometimes you think WHY ME?!
But in the long run it is worth it!
Have they changed me and my views on life?!
... Hmnn... not really... just kidding!
My girls definitely have!
I have had to learn to be a stronger more confident positive woman because you find they look up to you and you don’t want to let them down! Plus I am a lot health conscious now!
Bobby I wish you all the best with your baby. I could ask you to come to me for advise as I have been doing this for more than five years now but... I still am trying to figure it out myself!!!!!
Have a Fab day/week everbody!!!

Anonymous said...

Lol... :-D Its a wonderful thing but thankfully madam has to deal with that side of things i.e the daily caring for of the child ( ;-) not that I don't change d nappy if I have to, just that she does a better job at it) and I am not honestly complaining.Have a nice day everyone.

Anonymous said...

Aaaww, what a cutie! They are truly wonderful.. even when they come at controversial situations they immediately bring peace, warmth and joy into the home and everyone just forgets the pandemonium, even the disgruntled father or grandfather however the case may be, welcomes the child with open arms.

Not yet a mother but I can say for sure that they help to put a big smile on my face whenever I'm having a bad day.
They are beautiful I agree and I honestly long for the experience.

Anonymous said...

Brilliantly said,Cant help been amazed when i look at my 5 and 3 yrs old babies.They are just sooo wonderfully made. I soooooo love them