Saturday, September 8, 2007

Richard,Remember Your Vows


This year's Big Brother Africa was different right from the very start.One obvious aspect was with the marital status of one of this edition's housemates.Richard,the 24-yr old Tanzanian representive,is married to a Canadian.Now,due to this unprecedented situation,i had expected the dreadlocked dude to be a strong contender for the 'most boring housemate' award.How wrong I was.
Richard has,to the surprise of many,started a very interesting physical & emotional relationship with the Angolan model,Tatiana.This has definitely stunned a lot of viewers due to the blatant display of affection by the duo,despite Richard's lifelong commitment with his north american partner.
Some of my friends doubt that he's actually married & believe it was just a made-up story,probably done to make him a more interesting candidate.

Everytime i watch Richard hugging,caressing & saying sweet words to Tatiana,i think of his dear wife.She must be in agony,irrespective of the $100,000 her hubby stands a chance of winning.Another Big Brother fan said she feels the only way Richard's wife could forgive him is if he comes home with the money.

Well,the little i know of caucasian women is that most of them can't stand infidelity,particularly when flaunted in their face(& those of millions,in this case).I've heard of women divorcing their hubby at the slightest boundary crossing.
I actually feel that Richard's thought about this carefully.He clearly fancies tatiana & knows he could tell his wife later that he did it as a strategy to entice viewers to keep him in the house till the very end.However,even if this was indeed his gameplan,it must be tough for any spouse to see her partner getting cosy with a 'hot' chick on international tv.

Richard,you better think long & hard about the special story you'll tell madam when you leave the house,or you might be hearing from a divorce lawyer soon.

1 comment:

Mocha said...

BIG BRUV!!!
You know I had to post on here; I wouldnt be Big Sis if I didnt..lol..

Na wa o! See Richard!!
The guy has thrown ALL caution to the wind. He as snug as a bug in a rug with Tati..I cringe a little everytime I see them together, I know I know, I can just change the channel; but what if I miss something?!..lol..I'll just keep watching through my fingers..lol..

I kept saying to everyone who cared to listen that "he'd just tell Madame it was all about the $100k"; but with the new developments,as a woman? no dollar-dollars could justify that mess!!

Mibbe its a hoax, mibbe its for real but one thing we can agree on tho; the intrigue makes for great escapism!..lol..